List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed W Date:February 26 2008 9:01am
Subject:Re: Stopping replication
View as plain text
Marcus Bointon wrote:
> I have a circular replication setup that I want to stop, leaving just
> one master. The (irreparably out of sync) second master has been
> stopped for a while, and I want to abandon all changes that are
> pending for it, wipe any pending logs, remove its databases prior to
> rebuilding it. How do I safely deactivate secondary master references
> on the primary? On the primary master I can do "stop slave", but I
> want to make sure that it won't attempt to reconnect to the secondary
> master if I restart it and won't execute functions from the secondary
> that are part of the cleanup process (which could be fatal to the real
> DB).

This is a bit late, but I have had a lot of success using Maatkit from
http://www.xaprb.com/

The basic idea is that you keep replication going at all costs, detect
it going out of sync using his rather clever table-checksum routines,
then carefully resync the servers using his rather clever resync
routines.  By using "replace into" the point is that you can create a
transaction which will replicate out and fix your servers and bring them
back into sync again.

Works very well for me.  The use of replication to do the checksums is
completely inspired also!  Works fine for multi-master replication as well

Good luck

Ed W
Thread
Stopping replicationMarcus Bointon19 Feb
  • Re: Stopping replicationAugusto Bott20 Feb
    • Re: Stopping replicationMarcus Bointon20 Feb
  • Re: Stopping replicationEd W26 Feb
    • Re: Stopping replicationJed Reynolds26 Feb
      • Re: Stopping replicationEd W26 Feb
Re: Stopping replicationLuis Torres20 Feb