List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Steele Date:December 16 2007 5:59am
Subject:I want to send writes to the master and reads to the slaves
View as plain text
Hi:

I want to send writes to the master and reads to the slaves.

Currently I'm using "balance" to send all queries to a pair of servers set up in a
circular master/slave/master/etc relationship.  This generally works, but ... not always
perfectly.  So I want to change it to a straight master/slave relationship with the
possibility of adding more slaves to the same master later.

I don't have the authority, prerogative, right, power, or any other god-like
characteristic, necessary to change the application.  So, I was hoping there was some
proxy (something well beyond "balance") I could stick between the application and the
MySQL servers to direct writes to one server and reads to the rest.

I took a look at mysql-proxy, and it looks kinda complicated.  And I'm not sure it will
actually do what I need.

So, is there any help out there?

-Mike

Thread
I want to send writes to the master and reads to the slavesMike Steele16 Dec
  • Re: I want to send writes to the master and reads to the slavesMarcus Bointon16 Dec
    • RE: I want to send writes to the master and reads to the slavesRick James17 Dec