List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:FMGreen Date:November 23 2007 10:39am
Subject:Re: replication on Linux broken after db restore
View as plain text
"mysqldump --opt --single-transaction --master-data > dump.sql"

I am using InnoDB.  The dump I used was 'mysqldump --all-databases'.  If I
used the '--opt --single-transaction' option as you described above, does
that mean that I would not need to first 'FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK'?
Also, if I do the dump you describe, will that capture all databases or do I
have to be using the specific db I want.  Sorry if these are VERY stupid
questions - as of a few days ago I had never dealt with mysql.  Thanks

Marcus Bointon wrote:

> On 23 Nov 2007, at 09:15, FMGreen wrote:
>
>>> mysql> FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK;
>

> If you're using InnoDB for everything, there is an alternative that's
> much less disruptive:
>
> mysqldump --opt --single-transaction --master-data > dump.sql
>
> This ensures that the data dump is in a consistent state and provides
> master log file and position info, ready to import into a slave.
>
> Marcus
> --
> Marcus Bointon
> Synchromedia Limited: Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
> UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions
> marcus@stripped | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/

replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen21 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoremartín arrieta21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreJan Bruvoll23 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreMarcus Bointon23 Nov
        • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen23 Nov
  • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm21 Nov
    • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreFMGreen22 Nov
      • Re: replication on Linux broken after db restoreChristian Schramm22 Nov