List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adrian Cornish Date:July 4 2014 4:18pm
Subject:Re: RFC to add option to use mysql_config
View as plain text
On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:
> On 7/3/2014 22:53, Warren Young wrote:
>>

>> To use a secondary mysql_config script, you can say things like this:
>>
>>      CFLAGS="/path/to/mysql_config --cflags" LDFLAGS="..." ./configure
>

> I guess that means we need an option 0: Before you check --with-mysql* or
> try to run mysql_config, try to build a basic C API based program. If you
> can do that, you can skip the rest, since CFLAGS, LIBS, LDFLAGS, etc. all
> must be set correctly already.
>
> At the end, try to build the same program, which checks whether one of the 3
> options in my previous email gave correct values.

This seems a very unlikely corner case which could be dealt with this instead

./configure --with-mysql-config=/foo/bar/mysql_configA
./configure --with-mysql-config=/bar/foo/mysql_configB

Patient: Hey doctor it hurts if I do this
Doctor: Well stop doing it then!
Thread
RFC to add option to use mysql_configAdrian Cornish3 Jul 2014
  • Re: RFC to add option to use mysql_configWarren Young4 Jul 2014
    • Re: RFC to add option to use mysql_configWarren Young4 Jul 2014
      • Re: RFC to add option to use mysql_configAdrian Cornish4 Jul 2014
        • Re: RFC to add option to use mysql_configWarren Young9 Jul 2014