List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 1 2014 10:12am
Subject:Re: Connections getting "lost"/overwritten
View as plain text
On Jun 1, 2014, at 2:18 AM, Quentin Armitage <quentin@stripped> wrote:

> Revised patch:

Thanks, it's applied.

> Would you be interested in a patch that
> adds checks for connected?

Not really.

I think the explicit checks are the problem, rather than the inverse.  Attempting to
execute a query on a disconnected object will cause an error, so it’s not like the
problem will go unnoticed.

But, I can’t just remove them — or ask you to remove them — in case
someone is depending on the current behavior.  For all I know, someone is doing a string
check on the exact error message, and their code will break if we remove the explicit
checks.

I think I will remove them in 4.0, though.
Thread
Connections getting "lost"/overwrittenQuentin Armitage31 May 2014
  • Re: Connections getting "lost"/overwrittenWarren Young31 May 2014
    • Re: Connections getting "lost"/overwrittenQuentin Armitage1 Jun 2014
      • Re: Connections getting "lost"/overwrittenWarren Young1 Jun 2014
        • Re: Connections getting "lost"/overwritten & checking connected()Quentin Armitage3 Jun 2014
          • Re: Connections getting "lost"/overwritten & checking connected()Warren Young3 Jun 2014