List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Flores Francisco Date:February 7 2014 4:30pm
Subject:Re: AW: Cant Open VC 2008 Project FIles fro MySQL++
View as plain text
Hi,

thanks again, for the really fast reply.

I was able to succesfully compile opening the vs2005 project in vs2008, this gives some
warnings but no errors.

compilation in release went without any errors. 44 out of 44 sucessful

compilation in debug had two errors,
44 out of 42 successful.

I then tried the examples.

It doesnt find a Connector C library, so I just copied the library in the samples
location.

then everythins worked fine.

thanks a lot for your support.

Francisco Flores
Dipl.-Ing. / MBA
Consultant
Altran Technologies GmbH & Co. KG

________________________________
On Feb 7, 2014 16:42, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

On 2/7/2014 06:37, Flores Francisco wrote:
> Hi Warren,
>
> thanks for the fast reply.

Thank you for bringing this discussion on-list.

> Reading the README-Visual-C++.txt, I understand that is not possible
> to build a 32bit MySQL++ with VS 2008.

Sorry, I thought the README was clearer about the path forward.  I will
be adding this paragraph to it:

     If you want to do a 32-bit build on VC++ 2008 or newer, it is
     easiest to open the vc2005\* project files and let Visual Studio
     upgrade them for you.  The alternative, starting with the vc2008
     files, requires that you add a 32-bit build option to all of the
     many targets in MySQL++, then optionally delete the 64-bit targets.
     This is a lot more work.  Plus, it only works if you have the
     64-bit compilers installed, since Visual Studio will refuse to
     open project files where all targets must be built with compilers
     that aren't installed, even if your goal is to immediately adjust
     them to use compilers that *are* installed.

Try it, then please let me know if that is a) clear and b) correct.