List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 2 2014 6:08pm
Subject:Re: Quick patch for default field limit
View as plain text
On 1/1/2014 12:27, Adrian Cornish wrote:
> How does this look?

Reasonable, though I found several things to improve:

- I don't like depending on "which" in portable scripts.  It isn't a
shell builtin, and I've been burned by systems that didn't have the
separate utility installed.  So, I changed the shebang to #!/bin/bash
and used type -p instead.  That obviously means you need /bin/bash on
the system to bootstrap, but that's true on Mac OS X, Cygwin, and every
Linux flavor I use, which covers all systems I personally care about.
If the system *doesn't* have it, the bootstrap script won't even run,
rather than fail later as will happen if /usr/bin/which or whatever
isn't present.

- Added all the Bakefile tools to the list.  (I didn't thoroughly look
through the rest of the script to see if there are other tools we should
add to the list.)

- Moved the test up a few dozen lines, to before we try the first
Bakefile stuff.

- Minor style tweaks
Thread
Quick patch for default field limitAdrian Cornish31 Dec
  • Re: Quick patch for default field limitWarren Young31 Dec
    • Re: Quick patch for default field limitAdrian Cornish1 Jan 2014
      • Re: Quick patch for default field limitWarren Young1 Jan 2014
        • Re: Quick patch for default field limitAdrian Cornish1 Jan 2014
          • Re: Quick patch for default field limitAdrian Cornish1 Jan 2014
            • Re: Quick patch for default field limitWarren Young2 Jan 2014
              • Re: Quick patch for default field limitAdrian Cornish3 Jan 2014