List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jake Colman Date:January 2 2014 5:04pm
Subject:Unmapped MYSQL_TYPE enums
View as plain text
I'm maintaining some old code that needs to determine the type of
mysqlpp::Field so that it can convert it to an ODBC equivalent.  I'm doing
this by fetching the c_type from the mysql_type_info and comparing it
against specific typeids to determine the equivalent ODBC value.

My old code references a number of MYSQL_TYPE_XXX enums that are valid (in
that they compile) but do not appear in the mysql_type_info::types array.
Are all of these field type obsolete in newer MySql servers?

The specfic enums I'm referring to are:

MYSQL_TYPE_YEAR
MYSQL_TYPE_NEWDATE
MYSQL_TYPE_BIT
MYSQL_TYPE_VARCHAR
MYSQL_TYPE_GEOMETRY

Thanks.

*Jake Colman*

*Director, Development *| Billtrust

Tel: 609.235.0792 | email: jcolman@stripped | Web: www.billtrust.com

Follow us: Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/billtrust>|
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Billtrust.CompleteBilling>|
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/99112> |
Blog<http://blog.billtrust.com/>

Thread
Unmapped MYSQL_TYPE enumsJake Colman2 Jan 2014
  • Re: Unmapped MYSQL_TYPE enumsWarren Young2 Jan 2014
    • Re: Unmapped MYSQL_TYPE enumsJake Colman2 Jan 2014
      • Re: Unmapped MYSQL_TYPE enumsWarren Young2 Jan 2014