List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 10 2013 8:19pm
Subject:Re: minor error in resetdb
View as plain text
On 12/10/2013 04:58, Alessandro Bardelli wrote:
> resetdb always outputs: connecting to '1'@'1' with password.

Actually, no, not "always".  It only does that when you run it without
arguments, which likely means you didn't read README-examples.txt, or
you are ignoring what it told you.

There was in fact a problem in resetdb, but it was merely a misleading
diagnostic message, not really a bug per se.  It wasn't actually trying
to log in with '1'@'1'.  It was trying to log in with a blank user name
to a DB server on localhost, because you didn't give any arguments.

I believe MySQL tries to use your Windows user name when you try to log
in with a blank user name, which means you need a corresponding user
with no password in the MySQL user table which also has DB creation
rights.  This is almost certainly not correct.  You won't have such a
user by default, and if you do create such a user, it's a massive
security hole.

Nevertheless, I have fixed the example so that it will be clearer about
what it's attempting.  This will appear in MySQL++ 3.2.1, which will be
coming out shortly.

> i have also noticed that the stock.txt needed for ssql6 is missing.

Also fixed in 3.2.1.

Thanks for the report.
Thread
minor error in resetdbAlessandro Bardelli10 Dec
  • Re: minor error in resetdbWarren Young10 Dec
    • Re: minor error in resetdbAlessandro Bardelli10 Dec
      • Re: minor error in resetdbWarren Young11 Dec
        • Re: minor error in resetdbAlessandro Bardelli11 Dec
          • Re: minor error in resetdbWarren Young12 Dec