List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jake Colman Date:November 25 2013 6:02pm
Subject:Re: Problem Catching BadQuery Exception
View as plain text
I absolutely agree!  The developer in question is no longer here so I
cannot find out what his intention with having made this change.  I did
download v3.2.0 but ran into compile issue with VS 2005.  Have there been
any changes between v3.1.0 and v3.2.0 with respect to compatibility with VS
2005?

*Jake Colman*

*Director, Development *| Billtrust

Tel: 609.235.0792 | email: jcolman@stripped | Web: www.billtrust.com

Follow us: Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/billtrust>|
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Billtrust.CompleteBilling>|
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/99112> |
Blog<http://blog.billtrust.com/>

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On 11/25/2013 09:41, Jake Colman wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, that is not the case in the copy of connection.h that I am
>> working with.
>>
>> Connection(bool te = false);
>>

> Download a fresh copy of MySQL++ 3.1.0, and observe that it didn't ship
> that way.
>
> Your local MySQL++ sources have been changed, which may have legal
> implications for you under the LGPL.  I recommend that you revert your
> local changes to the as-shipped state.  Make any needed changes to the
> library by overriding, rather than hacking the sources directly.
>
> Legal issues aside, it's not good for your local library behavior to
> differ from the documented API.
>
> You might even decide this is a good excuse to upgrade to MySQL++ 3.2.0.

Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
      • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
          • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
            • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
              • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
                  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJonathan Wakely25 Nov