List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jake Colman Date:November 25 2013 4:41pm
Subject:Re: Problem Catching BadQuery Exception
View as plain text
Interestingly, that is not the case in the copy of connection.h that I am
working with.

Connection(bool te = false);

So although the docs state it one way, the code does it differently.  I
suppose it's possible that my original developer modified your source code
but I certainly didn't expect that.  So my change does, in fact, make
sense.  I just wish I had thought to look at the source code earlier since,
as you pointed out, it's sitting right there and is not hard to read.

*Jake Colman*

*Director, Development *| Billtrust

Tel: 609.235.0792 | email: jcolman@stripped | Web: www.billtrust.com

Follow us: Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/billtrust>|
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Billtrust.CompleteBilling>|
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/99112> |
Blog<http://blog.billtrust.com/>

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On 11/25/2013 09:20, Jake Colman wrote:
>

>> I must have misread the docs because I though that a connection object
>> defaulted to throwing exceptions unless 'false' was passed into the
>> constructor.
>>

> You understood the docs correctly from the start.  The default value for
> the parameter is true.
>
> (...Which you could have verified trivially, because MySQL++ isn't that
> complicated a library, and you have the source code right there.)
>

>  I modified my code to construct the object with 'true' and
>> all is working perfectly now.
>>

> I think you may be chasing ghosts, then.  That change to your code should
> have have no visible effect.
>
> If I were you, I wouldn't just chalk this up as "bug fixed."  I'd find out
> why you had the problem in the first case, and why a "fix" that should do
> nothing did something.

Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
      • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
          • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
            • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
              • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
                  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJonathan Wakely25 Nov