List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 25 2013 4:32pm
Subject:Re: Problem Catching BadQuery Exception
View as plain text
On 11/25/2013 09:20, Jake Colman wrote:

> I must have misread the docs because I though that a connection object
> defaulted to throwing exceptions unless 'false' was passed into the
> constructor.

You understood the docs correctly from the start.  The default value for
the parameter is true.

(...Which you could have verified trivially, because MySQL++ isn't that
complicated a library, and you have the source code right there.)

> I modified my code to construct the object with 'true' and
> all is working perfectly now.

I think you may be chasing ghosts, then.  That change to your code
should have have no visible effect.

If I were you, I wouldn't just chalk this up as "bug fixed."  I'd find
out why you had the problem in the first case, and why a "fix" that
should do nothing did something.
Thread
Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
      • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
          • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
            • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
              • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
                  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJonathan Wakely25 Nov