List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 25 2013 5:33am
Subject:Re: Problem Catching BadQuery Exception
View as plain text
On Nov 24, 2013, at 9:17 PM, Jake Colman <jcolman@stripped> wrote:

> If I form a bad SELECT statement

Bad in what way, exactly?

If it's not revealing proprietary information, paste the schema for the table and the
query against it into your reply.

Alternately, tell us which line of code in MySQL++ returns the error code to your app,
which would tell us where the exception should be thrown from.

> If, for example,
> I specify an invalid column name in the result, I do get an exception
> thrown.  How can I force bad queries to throw a BadQuery exception?

These two things together tell me that exceptions are doing exactly what they're supposed
to, and you're asking for us to add a new exception to a code path that never threw them
before.

As asked above, I have no way to tell whether there's a good reason we don't throw an
exception in the failure path that affects you.
Thread
Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
      • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
          • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
            • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
              • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
                  • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionWarren Young25 Nov
                    • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJake Colman25 Nov
        • Re: Problem Catching BadQuery ExceptionJonathan Wakely25 Nov