List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guido Winkelmann Date:June 21 2013 1:48pm
Subject:Re: Is development continuing on mysql++
View as plain text
Am Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013, 22:12:29 schrieb Warren Young:
> On 6/20/2013 06:08, Guido Winkelmann wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2013, 10:41:13 schrieb Warren Young:
> >> ... all that's keeping me from
> >> releasing a 3.1.1 roll-up is inertia.
> >
> > It would be really nice if you could overcome that inertia for just one
> > more release.
>
> Well, it's taken me all day (literally), but 3.2.0 is out now.  I hope
> it's worth all that effort to you.
>
> (You didn't think a release only entailed "make dist", did you?)

Well, I didn't think it would take quite that much work...
Anyway, your effort is appreciated. Thank you.

> > this is a really bad state to find the project in.
>
> <raises eyebrow>
>
> You've obviously never seen a project in a really bad state.
>
> MySQL++ has an active maintainer, the mailing list works, the list isn't
> full of spam, there is a functioning public source repository, and
> patches get checked and accepted quickly.  I must use software every day
> that fails all of those criteria.
>
> I pray you never have to make truly unmaintained software function.
>
> > latest stable has been broken out of the box for several years now.
>
> Yes, such a huge problem, having to add several extra #include lines.
> Shocking lack of support.  Shocking.

Granted, it's not that big of a deal, but, you know, those not-that-big-of-a-
deals have a tendency to add up...

	Guido
Thread
Is development continuing on mysql++Joseph Hesse19 Jun
  • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Warren Young19 Jun
    • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Guido Winkelmann20 Jun
      • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Warren Young21 Jun
        • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Guido Winkelmann21 Jun