List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 21 2013 4:12am
Subject:Re: Is development continuing on mysql++
View as plain text
On 6/20/2013 06:08, Guido Winkelmann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. Juni 2013, 10:41:13 schrieb Warren Young:
>> ... all that's keeping me from
>> releasing a 3.1.1 roll-up is inertia.
>
> It would be really nice if you could overcome that inertia for just one more
> release.

Well, it's taken me all day (literally), but 3.2.0 is out now.  I hope
it's worth all that effort to you.

(You didn't think a release only entailed "make dist", did you?)

> this is a really bad state to find the project in.

<raises eyebrow>

You've obviously never seen a project in a really bad state.

MySQL++ has an active maintainer, the mailing list works, the list isn't
full of spam, there is a functioning public source repository, and
patches get checked and accepted quickly.  I must use software every day
that fails all of those criteria.

I pray you never have to make truly unmaintained software function.

> latest stable has been broken out of the box for several years now.

Yes, such a huge problem, having to add several extra #include lines.
Shocking lack of support.  Shocking.
Thread
Is development continuing on mysql++Joseph Hesse19 Jun
  • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Warren Young19 Jun
    • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Guido Winkelmann20 Jun
      • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Warren Young21 Jun
        • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Guido Winkelmann21 Jun