List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 19 2013 4:41pm
Subject:Re: Is development continuing on mysql++
View as plain text
On 6/19/2013 08:22, Joseph Hesse wrote:
> I notice that version 3.10 of mysql++ is dated June 3, 2010.  Is
> development continuing on mysql++ or is 3.10 mature enough so no further
> work is necessary?

In a sense, releases have shifted to the svn branch.  Changes there
haven't been breaking changes in quite a long time.  You can confidently
use the current svn head in production.  I won't promise that that will
always be the case, but right now, it is.

There have been 55 checkins since 3.1.0 was released.

My previous excuse for not making a release is that 3.1.0 introduced an
unplanned ABI breakage relative to 3.0.9, but the hunt for a fix for
that went on so long that people started using 3.1.0 anyway.

In effect, 3.1.0 now *is* the correct ABI, so all that's keeping me from
releasing a 3.1.1 roll-up is inertia.
Thread
Is development continuing on mysql++Joseph Hesse19 Jun
  • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Warren Young19 Jun
    • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Guido Winkelmann20 Jun
      • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Warren Young21 Jun
        • Re: Is development continuing on mysql++Guido Winkelmann21 Jun