List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mickael Wolff Date:June 12 2013 4:09pm
Subject:Re: Help getting example to link - Ubuntu Raring
View as plain text
On 06/12/2013 04:49 PM, Mark Douglas wrote:

> Not precisely sure how I'm "badly" using it as I've basically copy/pasted
> from the documentation. Again, I'm trying to learn so any indication what
> I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.
   Please keep in mind that is not a ML about learning C++ and making
program, but a list for MySQL++ users.

> Anyway, as per Mickael's suggestion I tried to manually run this command
> instead of using the Makefile - I think I understood correctly?
>
> g++ -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/mysql++ hello.cpp -o hello
> -L/usr/lib
   Please read those documentations:
   - <http://www.cprogramming.com/g++.html>
   - <http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/shared-libraries-linux-gcc.html>

>> I think Mickael has identified the main problem, which is that the -l
>> flags need to follow the -o $(EXECUTABLE) bit.  He has merely missed the
>> fact that GNU make ships with many default rules, and you're using them
>> implicitly.

   No merely missed, but actively ignored ;) I was not sure the errors
Mark provided was generated by the use of the command line he provided
or the use of make.

Thread
Help getting example to link - Ubuntu RaringMark Douglas12 Jun
  • Re: Help getting example to link - Ubuntu RaringMickael Wolff12 Jun
  • Re: Help getting example to link - Ubuntu RaringWarren Young12 Jun
    • Re: Help getting example to link - Ubuntu RaringMark Douglas12 Jun
      • Re: Help getting example to link - Ubuntu RaringMickael Wolff12 Jun
      • Re: Help getting example to link - Ubuntu RaringJonathan Wakely12 Jun