List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 11 2013 12:29pm
Subject:Re: no one solve my problem
View as plain text
On Jun 11, 2013, at 5:21 AM, tang <tangjiqiang1981@stripped> wrote:

> mysql++ cann't be build in  visual studio 2003

I can't throw a rock at the moon.  And though I know *how* to do it if I really wanted,
sometimes the best choice is, "Don't throw rocks at the moon."

You can solve your problem by making different choices, too.

The one you're trying is, "Attempt to build the newest code with ancient tools which were
outdated by years the day they shipped."

Superior alternatives are:

1. Upgrade.  If you absolutely cannot spend money on software development tools, Microsoft
has been giving away free versions of their C++ compiler for years.  They tried to
discontinue that recently but changed their mind due to popular backlash, so I'd be wary
of depending on it, but at least for today, you still have this option.

2. Switch to MinGW.

3. Switch to Cygwin.

4. Switch to an OS that supports developers from the deepest levels, instead of using one
where "Developers, developers, developers" is a punchline.
Thread
no one solve my problemtang11 Jun
  • Re: no one solve my problemDino Korah11 Jun
  • Re: no one solve my problemWarren Young11 Jun