List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles J. Daniels Date:May 28 2013 9:05pm
Subject:accessing utf8, continued, update
View as plain text  
ok,

1) so I tried to update the query object like:

q << "set character_set_results=utf8"

but it didn't like that and would kill the program.

2) when I SHOW VARIABLES on my mysql server, all character_* variables say
utf8 except for character-set-server, which says latin. Perhaps mysql is
sending latin-1 data. However, my current odbc connection retrieves the
value in question perfectly fine, and I certain don't attempt to tell it
what encoding to use.

3) I set some configuration options in my.ini, and verified that SHOW
VARIABLES now showed character-set-server as utf8. The same issue arose.
Mind you, I don't know that character-set-server is pertinent to results on
the client anyway. But it didn't help when set to utf8.

4) on my list further investigating is to run these tests that come with
mysql++, see if it illuminates anything or provides an obvious failure
notice.

For now, my odbc operation is providing good results.

--charlie

Thread
accessing utf8, continued, updateCharles J. Daniels28 May
  • Re: accessing utf8, continued, updateWarren Young28 May
    • Re: accessing utf8, continued, updateCharles J. Daniels29 May
      • Re: accessing utf8, continued, updateCharles J. Daniels29 May
        • Re: accessing utf8, continued, updateCharles J. Daniels29 May