List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 13 2013 8:23pm
Subject:Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPC
View as plain text
On Mar 13, 2013, at 1:10 AM, Niranjan M <studywireless@stripped> wrote:

> **checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
> mysqlclient library in '/usr/lib64 /usr/lib /usr/lib64/mysql /usr/lib/mysql
> /usr/local/lib64 /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/mysql/lib
> /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql /usr/mysql/lib/mysql /opt/mysql/lib
> /opt/mysql/lib/mysql /sw/lib /sw/lib/mysql'**

If you read the documentation -- README-Linux.txt in this case -- you'll find that it
tells you how to use the --with-mysql* switches to tell it where the MySQL C API
libraries are.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/140247/force-install-apt-get

> Has anyone tried this ?

MySQL++ has definitely been cross-compiled to various embedded systems, and I believe I
recall at least one instance where improvements were made to MySQL++ specifically for
PowerPC.  Since I didn't hear back from the guy who suggested those improvements, I
assume he then succeeded in building and using MySQL++ on that platform.

> How to cross compile mysqlclient for powerpc ?

This is totally not the right forum to learn how to use your embedded toolchain.
Thread
Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCNiranjan M13 Mar
  • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCWarren Young13 Mar
    • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCNiranjan M14 Mar
      • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCWarren Young14 Mar
        • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCNiranjan M27 Mar