List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Niranjan M Date:March 13 2013 7:10am
Subject:Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPC
View as plain text
Hi All,
         I have an embedded application (running on a PowerPC in linux
environment) which accesses an external database. So my application needs
mysql++ libraries which needs to be built using a powerpc compiler. Before
building the libraries, I wanted to build mysql++ libraries for linux on my
Ubuntu VM to check the procedure. I downloaded the latest package from
[Official Website](http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/). Then I followed the
steps mentioned.

1. Ran *./configure* from the root directory, I got the below error.

**checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
mysqlclient library in '/usr/lib64 /usr/lib /usr/lib64/mysql /usr/lib/mysql
/usr/local/lib64 /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/mysql/lib
/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql /usr/mysql/lib/mysql /opt/mysql/lib
/opt/mysql/lib/mysql /sw/lib /sw/lib/mysql'**

I tried locate mysqlclient and did not find any references, hence I
followed instructions given in other blogs and tried to install the
libmysqlclient15-dev using the below command.

*sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev*

The output is as shown below

****Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libmysqlclient-dev' instead of 'libmysqlclient15-dev'
libmysqlclient-dev is already the newest version.
required:
  libcommons-collections3-java junit4 libecj-java libdb5.1-java
libasm3-java libgcj-bc gcj-4.6-jre-lib libgnomeui-common libcommons-el-java
  junit linux-headers-3.2.0-32 linux-headers-3.2.0-29
libcommons-compress-java libregexp-java libdb-java libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni
libjasper-java
  libbonoboui2-common libbonoboui2-0 libdb5.1-java-gcj
libcommons-httpclient-java libservlet2.4-java liblucene2-java
libswt-gtk-3-java
  libcommons-cli-java libslf4j-java libgcj12 libxml-commons-external-java
libswt-webkit-gtk-3-jni linux-headers-3.2.0-29-generic-pae
  libswt-gtk-3-jni ant gcj-4.6-base libcommons-logging-java default-jdk
libswt-glx-gtk-3-jni libcommons-codec-java jarwrapper
  libequinox-osgi-java libgcj-common libapache-pom-java libgnomeui-0
libjetty-java libjline-java libxerces2-java sat4j
  libcommons-beanutils-java libdb-je-java fastjar libcommons-digester-java
libcommons-parent-java libhamcrest-java libjtidy-java
  libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java libicu4j-java
linux-headers-3.2.0-32-generic-pae libicu4j-4.4-java libwebkitgtk-1.0-common
  libcommons-lang-java libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0-0
libjsch-java ant-optional libswt-gnome-gtk-3-jni
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.****

After this I tried to locate libmysqlclient and I still couldn't find the
libraries (.so files). I tried *./configure* again and it failed in the
same location with the same error message. How can I install libmysqlclient
?

Once this is solved I will rebuild the mysql++ library using my toolchain
for powerpc. Has anyone tried this ? To build mysql++ library I need
mysqlclient, in the earlier example I would install it by executing the
command *apt-get*, but will the libraries would be compiled using a gnu
compiler. How to cross compile mysqlclient for powerpc ? I guess I need to
do the below

1. Build mysqlclient for powerpc.
2. Use those libraries and build mysql++ libraries for powerpc.
3. Use mysql++ and mysqlclient libraries in my application and compile for
powerpc.

With Regards,
NM

Thread
Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCNiranjan M13 Mar
  • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCWarren Young13 Mar
    • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCNiranjan M14 Mar
      • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCWarren Young14 Mar
        • Re: Cross compile mysql++ for PowerPCNiranjan M27 Mar