List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 2 2012 4:43pm
Subject:Re: libmysqlclient name as of 4-30-2012?
View as plain text
On May 2, 2012, at 10:17 AM, John Mendosa wrote:

> running './configure' in
> my mysql++-3.1.0 build directory failed with: Didn't find mysqlclient library

Well first, find out if there is a libmysqlclient* somewhere MySQL++ can find.

If it's there, look in config.log for "mysql_store_result".  Around there, you'll find the
compiler/linker error(s).  They may clue you into the solution.

> But with those I can't even compile my application, I get: mysql++.h: no such file or
> directory
> and indeed after installing Ubuntu package manager's MySQL++ there is no
>
> /usr/local/include/mysql++ directory as there used to be before I did a 'make
> uninstall' on
> my original working installation.

The Ubuntu packages will install in /usr, not /usr/local.
Thread
libmysqlclient name as of 4-30-2012?John Mendosa2 May
  • Re: libmysqlclient name as of 4-30-2012?Warren Young2 May