List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wolfgang Pausch Date:January 18 2012 12:33pm
Subject:Re: Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?
View as plain text
Hello,

Am Wednesday, 18. January 2012, 12:45:42 schrieb Warren Young:
> On Jan 18, 2012, at 3:35 AM, Wolfgang Pausch wrote:
> > the application
> > terminates, probably with an segmentation fault.
>
> "Probably"?  Why are you guessing?  What stops you from knowing for
> certain?

Probably because my primary development environment is a Debian Linux, and I
use Windows mainly for testing the application before release.  Thus, I have
to admit that I figured that out using log messages (before and after
connect()) which showed me that the crash appears within connect().

> MySQL++ is built on top of the MySQL C API library (a.k.a. Connector/C),
> which handles all of the communication with the MySQL DB server.
>
> Therefore, my best guess is that you haven't also upgraded to MySQL 5.5 on
> your dev system and rebuilt both MySQL++ and your program.

You are right in that I did not rebuild MySQL++.  I will do that and check
wether this fixes the problem.  Thanks!

> > upgrading to 3.1.0 would be a risk
>
> If you take a look at the MySQL++ change log, you'll find that there's no
> mention of MySQL 5.5 compatibility improvements.

Yes, I read that.  But risk can also be the risk of me making mistakes while
upgrading to a new version.

Thanks,

Wolfgang
Thread
Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?Wolfgang Pausch18 Jan
  • Re: Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?Warren Young18 Jan
    • Re: Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?Wolfgang Pausch18 Jan