List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wolfgang Pausch Date:January 18 2012 10:35am
Subject:Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a C++ project for 32 Bit Windows in a quite mature state that uses
mysqlpp 3.0.9 and MySQL 5.5.  Originally, it used MySQL 5.1, but I was
required to update to MySQL 5.5 some time ago.

Now, everything works fine concerning mysqlpp, with exactly one exception:

When the connect() function gets a wrong password (which can happen by design
of my application), then it does not throw an exception, but the application
terminates, probably with an segmentation fault.  When the password is
correct, anything works as excepted.  Also, I have no problems with queries in
mysqlpp at all, anything works as expected, with the exception of that connect
function.  (I debugged until I knew that the crash happens inside that call).

And this behaviour occurs regardless of the question wether exceptions are
enabled or disabled.

I suspect that the upgrade from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.5 might have triggered
that bug.  Thus, question:

Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?  Might this be the reason,
or is it rather unprobable that this is the reason for my bug?

I ask that question because upgrading to 3.1.0 would be a risk and a lot of
work (compared with the limited time I have for that project) for me, so I don
´t want to do that just for nothing...

Is there a precompiled version of mysqlpp 3.1.0 for 32 Bit Windows anywhere?

Thanks for any hints,

Wolfgang
Thread
Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?Wolfgang Pausch18 Jan
  • Re: Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?Warren Young18 Jan
    • Re: Is mysqlpp 3.0.9 supposed to work with MySQL 5.5?Wolfgang Pausch18 Jan