List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Tate Date:January 11 2012 9:23am
Subject:Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set up
View as plain text
Firstly here is what has happened:
* There are files in the source tarball like "cmdline.h" and another that
are required for the examples to build and run. These files are nowhere to
be found in the debian packages. I contacted the maintainer of the debian
package. The situation is that the examples will just be taken out of
debian with a note to use the tarball and how. At least, that is what I
remember him telling me.

* Debian installs the includes in /usr/include/mysql++ and not /usr/include
or /usr/local/include like the tarball's examples expect and of course the
tarball is putting them in /usr/local - the examples from the tarball need
modifications. This is easily fixed: http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/9476

* refcounted.h has a problem as well, solved here:
http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/9215

Those two threads are where I solved the problem for myself.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:55 PM, John Tate wrote:
>
> > You didn't need to uninstall the packages, try putting them back
>
> ??  If installing binary versions of MySQL++ was a prerequisite for
> getting source tarballs of MySQL++ to work, we'd have an impossible
> chicken-and-egg situation.

You need mysql-devel and to modify the examples because (my distro debian
wheezy at least) puts the headers in /usr/include/mysqlpp

> Having two versions of MySQL++ installed is possible, but requires careful
> -I and -L flag management to ensure you don't "cross the streams".

Do not install the tarball whatever you do. Just do the examples from the
tarball and modify the things the examples includes

> I wouldn't recommend that a newbie have two versions installed.
>
> >> I looked around and found that someone had this problem (or a problem
> like
> >> it) in september, and the recommended fix was adding #include
> <stddef.h> to
> >> refcounted.h and #include <cstring> to genv2.cpp.
>
> You can get these fixes for free by using the svn version of MySQL++
> instead of the last-released tarball.
>
> >> //cut out several lines of what looks like things going smoothly
>
> Seeing some of them might help.
>
> >> ./libmysqlpp_ssqls2parse.a(ssqls2parse_parsev2.o): In function `Type':
> >> /home/~/mysql++-3.1.0/./ssx/parsev2.cpp:256: undefined reference to
> >> `mysqlpp::internal::str_to_lwr(std::basic_string<char,
>
> This suggests that libmysqlpp.a can't link to libmysqlpp.so.  This is why
> I think the actual error might be a bit higher up.  This looks like
> collateral damage to me.

www.johntate.org

Thread
new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson7 Jan
  • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upJohn Tate8 Jan
    • RE: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson11 Jan
      • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upJohn Tate11 Jan
        • RE: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson11 Jan
        • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upWarren Young11 Jan