List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 11 2012 8:37am
Subject:Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set up
View as plain text
On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:55 PM, John Tate wrote:

> You didn't need to uninstall the packages, try putting them back

??  If installing binary versions of MySQL++ was a prerequisite for getting source
tarballs of MySQL++ to work, we'd have an impossible chicken-and-egg situation.

Having two versions of MySQL++ installed is possible, but requires careful -I and -L flag
management to ensure you don't "cross the streams".

I wouldn't recommend that a newbie have two versions installed.

>> I looked around and found that someone had this problem (or a problem like
>> it) in september, and the recommended fix was adding #include <stddef.h>
>> refcounted.h and #include <cstring> to genv2.cpp.

You can get these fixes for free by using the svn version of MySQL++ instead of the
last-released tarball.

>> //cut out several lines of what looks like things going smoothly

Seeing some of them might help.

>> ./libmysqlpp_ssqls2parse.a(ssqls2parse_parsev2.o): In function `Type':
>> /home/~/mysql++-3.1.0/./ssx/parsev2.cpp:256: undefined reference to
>> `mysqlpp::internal::str_to_lwr(std::basic_string<char,

This suggests that libmysqlpp.a can't link to libmysqlpp.so.  This is why I think the
actual error might be a bit higher up.  This looks like collateral damage to me.
Thread
new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson7 Jan
  • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upJohn Tate8 Jan
    • RE: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson11 Jan
      • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upJohn Tate11 Jan
        • RE: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson11 Jan
        • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upWarren Young11 Jan