List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Tate Date:January 8 2012 2:43am
Subject:Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set up
View as plain text
On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:13 AM, kwerickson <kwerickson@stripped>wrote:

> As the subject says, I'm trying to get the example database setup, but the
> only signs of exrun or resetdb that I can find is a file called resetdb.cpp
> in /usr/share/doc/libmysql++-doc/examples/
>
> I looked around on the archives to see if I could find some help and it
> looks like I might need to compile resetdb.cpp, but I think I'm running
> into the same problem someone else (John Tate?) is having, and I have no
> idea where this '-I' is supposed to go (in the compiling command, somewhere
> in resetdb.cpp, or in another file? ).

The examples shipped with distributions dont work, the examples are
designed to be ran from the directory where the source is. Just get the
source tarball and use exrun instead of the downstream examples which have
not been modified to run there. This is because the examples include
headers from the source code that are not installed as includes nor are
they included with the downstream examples.

As I said, just use the source tarball and not distro packages and things
are quite okay.

--
www.johntate.org

Thread
new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson7 Jan
  • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upJohn Tate8 Jan
    • RE: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson11 Jan
      • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upJohn Tate11 Jan
        • RE: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upkwerickson11 Jan
        • Re: new to mysql++, can't get example database set upWarren Young11 Jan