List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ina J. Date:October 25 2011 10:23am
Subject:warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type with
sql_create_# every time
View as plain text
Hey,

I've been using MySQL++ 3.1.0 for a while and I have used the handy
sql_create_# macro for creating proper structures in the code as the
sql_create_# is meant to. I have a separate .h-file, which contains the
needed structures, as the User Manual advices at the page 44. The .h-file
contains nothing else but the sql_create_# macros and every macro ends with
the closing bracket and not with semicolon.

But gcc complains about every macro with the same way: *warning: type
qualifiers ignored on function return type*
This is not a problem at the developing state. The code compiles and
everything works as it should. But my goal is to run the program in an
embedded Linux system and tools for compiling code for it have been given to
me. So, I can't modify the compile operation and the compiler is so strict
it won't compile if warnings occur.

So how can I avoid these warnings, if I can't add a compile parameter, which
ignores them??

Oh, and I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, gcc 4.4.3, MySQL++ 3.1.0 and the target
system is based on OpenWRT, but that's basically everything I know about it.
They just gave me the tool for compiling.

-Ina

Thread
warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type withsql_create_# every timeIna J.25 Oct
  • Re: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type withsql_create_# every timeAdrian Cornish26 Oct
    • Re: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type withsql_create_# every timeIna J.27 Oct
    • Re: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type with sql_create_# every timeWarren Young27 Oct