List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 9 2011 11:23pm
Subject:Re: Query takes a long time
View as plain text
On Aug 9, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Joseph Hesse wrote:

> I executed the same query in mysql++ and the time was 11 seconds.

Without seeing any code, my guess is that your "SQL script" (whatever that is) just threw
away the data, while your C++ code loaded it up into an in-memory data structure.  The
comparison is apples to oranges.

You could probably improve the performance by using a more efficient data structure, but
again, you cannot expect any useful advice if you're not going to share what you're doing
now.  You're asking "how do I get to California" without telling anyone where you are now.
Thread
Query takes a long timeJoseph Hesse10 Aug
  • Re: Query takes a long timeWarren Young10 Aug
    • Re: Query takes a long timeAdrian Cornish10 Aug