List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 9 2011 11:20pm
Subject:Re: Problem with exec()
View as plain text
On Aug 9, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Joseph Hesse wrote:

> My problem is that the error code never gets executed.
> When the query is correct the query always gets executed.

MySQL++ throws exceptions by default when there is an error in the SQL syntax.

Adrian's example works because it passes "false" to the Connection constructor, which
turns off exceptions, giving the "return an error" behavior you are expecting in this
circumstance.

This is all spelled out in the manual.  Hint.
Thread
Problem with exec()Joseph Hesse9 Aug
  • Re: Problem with exec()Adrian Cornish9 Aug
  • Re: Problem with exec()Warren Young10 Aug