List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 24 2011 9:12am
Subject:Re: Problems with storein and template queries
View as plain text
On Jul 23, 2011, at 4:53 AM, Stuart Moore wrote:

> I see that was identified in March as a bug, but there hasn't been a
> release since - is this likely to happen soon?

Same answer as here: http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/9387

I tried to restore the 3.0.9 ABI in svn, but the current version of the ABI checker tool
says the ABI is already the same on my OS X box.  I expect that's due to the vast
differences in dynamic linkage between OS X and Linux.

On the plus side, I've checked in the changes I made to my tree to make the ABI checking
easy, if one were to wish to pick the ball up from where I have dropped it.  3 easy
steps:

	- Check out MySQL++ svn somewhere
	- Unpack MySQL++ 3.0.9 in ../3.0.9 relative to svn checkout
	- In svn checkout: ./bootstrap && make abicheck

That should get you an HTML report telling where the ABI differences are on *your* system.
 If you do this on Linux, there will be difference.  The necessary fixes should be obvious
from the HTML ABI difference report.

It may be that I will get around to this the next time I am on a Linux devel box, but
since y'all have been holding your collective breaths waiting for me for months, maybe
it'd be better if you stopped waiting on me to get around to it. :)
Thread
Problems with storein and template queriesStuart Moore23 Jul
  • Re: Problems with storein and template queriesWarren Young24 Jul
    • Re: Problems with storein and template queriesWarren Young24 Jul
      • Re: Problems with storein and template queriesStuart Moore24 Jul