List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:July 6 2011 1:43pm
Subject:Re: BadFieldName exception with % character
View as plain text
On 6 July 2011 14:41, Access-Dev wrote:
> Le 06/07/2011 15:19, Warren Young a écrit :
>>
>> On 7/6/2011 6:56 AM, Access-Dev wrote:
>>>
>>> If I remove the "%" character in the WHERE condition I'dont get this
>>> error
>>
>> If you remove the % characters, your result set is almost certainly empty,
>> so you will skip past the code that is actually causing the exception.
>>
>>> Looks like query templating is interfering here, can I disable this
>>> feature ?
>>
>> If you do not call Query::parse(), you do not activate the feature.  It is
>> not automatic.
>>
>> BadFieldName means you are asking MySQL++ to return information about a
>> field by name, and the result set does not contain any information about the
>> named field.
>>
>> If you look at the call stack when the exception is thrown, I think you
>> will find that it happens on a MySQL++ call *after* the use() or store().
>>  Something like res["foo"] is a MySQL++ call, and would cause this symptom,
>> since there is no "foo" column in the query.
>>
> Thanks Warren,
>
> I found the error.

if you catch the exception and call its what() member you will
probably find helpful info about exactly where the error is.
Thread
BadFieldName exception with % characterAccess-Dev6 Jul
  • Re: BadFieldName exception with % characterWarren Young6 Jul
    • Re: BadFieldName exception with % characterAccess-Dev6 Jul
      • Re: BadFieldName exception with % characterJonathan Wakely6 Jul