List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 4 2011 11:03pm
Subject:Re: exception in subqueries
View as plain text
On 7/4/2011 7:40 AM, Access-Dev wrote:
> SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS
> custom_tracking35.id AS numTags

[snip]

> t.numTags = MPP_TO_ITF_STRING( row[ "numTags" ]); // numTags contains
> incorrect value , have to be the number of rows , but colum id returned

I confess to initially blanking out your SQL statement.  I believe it
was a form of psychological protection, my brain trying to protect itself.

Risking the madness of Cthulu in giving it a second look, I saw the
second line quoted above.  Does this not say exactly what you are
reporting?  That is, are you not *asking* MySQL to give you the numTags
column "AS" id?

MySQL++, when you ask it to return a column from a row by its name, has
to go on field names the database server returns.  When you alias field
names this way, it has no way of second guessing you.  If the database
server says the data in column X is called numTags, MySQL++ has to
believe that.
Thread
exception in subqueriesAccess-Dev4 Jul
  • Re: exception in subqueriesJonathan Wakely4 Jul
    • Re: exception in subqueriesAccess-Dev4 Jul
      • RE: exception in subqueriesShaun Brown4 Jul
        • Re: exception in subqueriesAccess-Dev4 Jul
          • Re: exception in subqueriesWarren Young5 Jul
      • Re: exception in subqueriesJonathan Wakely4 Jul