List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 22 2011 3:30am
Subject:Re: Unsigned 64-bit Issue
View as plain text
On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Benjamin Johnson wrote:

> When I rebuilt the libmysql.lib and mysqlpp.lib as statically libraries and
> linked mine in with /MT, the issue does not appear on win2008 r2.  I still
> don't know the actual fault, but if I get any more info I will share.

It sounds like a bug in the 32-bit VC++ RTL DLL, then.

>>> Why are you calling a 64-bit value a GUID?  GUIDs are 128 bits.
>>
>> I can call the value whatever I want eh?

If I call a carrot a cabbage, I'd expect to be called on it.

It's not like you're appropriating a rare term here.  "GUID" has a widely-understood
meaning, particularly on Windows.  Overloading it is inadvisable.

>>> a win32 c++ app
>>>
>>> Do you mean a Win64 app?
>>
>> Building 32-bit binary that will run on either 32-bit or 64-bit system.

It would be interesting to know if building it as a 64-bit binary also fixes it.  Yes, I
realize, you still need 32-bit compatibility.  I ask only because it may provide data
that would help someone searching the archives.

It would also be interesting to know if the problem persists in VC++ 2010.
Thread
Unsigned 64-bit IssueBenjamin Johnson22 Jun
  • Re: Unsigned 64-bit IssueWarren Young22 Jun
    • Re: Unsigned 64-bit IssueBenjamin Johnson22 Jun