List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 4 2011 7:27pm
Subject:Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()
View as plain text
On Apr 4, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Warren Young wrote:

>> As another way of solving the problem is to make
>> DBDriver::thread_start() call my_init() every time.
>
> Try it.  Does it actually banish the symptom in your program?

No need to respond again.  I didn't read your later response before asking.

>> So the ideal working solution of this issue is to call my_init at the
>> very beginning, before any threads are created. I think, that this is
>> not what mysql++ can care about. But this fact should be reflected in
>> documentation.
>
> So what you're saying is that my option #2 is the only one that can be guaranteed
> correct?

I meant #1, by the way: reflect the C API requirements into the MySQL++ docs.  That is to
say, it is the only option because there is no way at the base ConnectionPool level that
MySQL++ could get this right?
Thread
thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Jonathan Wakely30 Mar
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
      • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young31 Mar
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Raymond Boettcher5 Apr