List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:KiberGus Date:April 4 2011 10:51am
Subject:Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()
View as plain text
2011/4/4 KiberGus <kibergus@stripped>:

> As another way of solving the problem is to make
> DBDriver::thread_start() call my_init() every time. It is safe to call
> my_init several times and it does not consume much time.

That was not a good idea. Adding my_init() to my application just
makes it segfault somewhere in mysql library internals every time. So
for myself I'll stick to calling mysqlpp::Connection::thread_start()
after connecting to mysql.
And I have to admit that I don't understand how all this *_init magic
really works and I don't want to dig it now.
Thread
thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Jonathan Wakely30 Mar
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
      • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young31 Mar
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Raymond Boettcher5 Apr