List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:April 2 2011 9:32pm
Subject:Re: Actually it was this one.
View as plain text
On 2 April 2011 22:02, Eric Sepich wrote:
> cout << string(vbasketballevent[b]["tf_station_num"]) << endl;
>
> Sorry about that. I have to take my last email back. Most of the time
> everything is fine but once in a while there seems to be some problem
> with vbasketballevent[b]["tf_station_num"].
> I think perhaps it might be NULL. How would I check and prepare an if
> statement? Could I use
>
> if(string(vbasketballevent[b]["tf_station_num"]) != NULL)  ?????
>
> I've been struggling to get a debugger set up on Linux for months now. I
> can't seem to find one that operates as well as Microsoft Visual C++ Express
> so I have been debugging on Windows and running the program on Linux.

Run the program in gdb, when it segfaults type "where" to see where it crashed.

There are some GUID front ends to GDB listed at
http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB%20Front%20Ends but it's easiest
just to use GDB.  There's not setting up necessary.
Thread
Actually it was this one.Eric Sepich2 Apr
  • Re: Actually it was this one.Jonathan Wakely2 Apr
    • Re: Mysql++ AVOID NULL Columns!! :)Raymond Boettcher3 Apr
      • Re: Mysql++ AVOID NULL Columns!! :)Warren Young4 Apr
        • Re: Mysql++ AVOID NULL Columns!! :)Raymond Boettcher5 Apr
        • Re: Mysql++ AVOID NULL Columns!! :)Jonathan Wakely5 Apr