List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adrian Cornish Date:April 1 2011 2:36am
Subject:Re: SVN checkout 2688 will not bootstrap
View as plain text
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2011, at 5:43 PM, Adrian Cornish wrote:
>
> > I hacked bootstrap as below and it works. I dont know much about bakefile
> -
> > so not sure this is the correct solution
>
> Alas, it is not correct.
>
> Bakefile is griping about the fact that the Makefile talks about the
> library target which it doesn't know how to build, even though it isn't
> necessary for Makefile.simple.  The right solution would be to ifdef out a
> bunch of stuff that isn't needed in Makefile.simple.
>
> I'm guessing the real problem is due to upgrading to a newer Bakefile than
> I'm using at the moment, which is stricter about such things.

Thanks Warren,

I considered bakefile versions. On 2 machines I was using Bakefile 0.2.8
which I know I previously boostrap'ed from . Another I tried Bakefile 0.2.9
which I have never bootstrap'ed from but still did not work. Although with
the 0.2.8 versions I honestly cannot remember last time I actually ran
bootstrap rather than reconfig'ing after svn updates.

I regret I'll have to leave the patch fix to someone else for this - not my
area of knowledge :-)

Adrian

Thread
SVN checkout 2688 will not bootstrapAdrian Cornish1 Apr
  • Re: SVN checkout 2688 will not bootstrapWarren Young1 Apr
    • Re: SVN checkout 2688 will not bootstrapAdrian Cornish1 Apr
Re: SVN checkout 2688 will not bootstrapDino Korah1 Apr
  • Re: SVN checkout 2688 will not bootstrapMark Easton1 Apr