List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 31 2011 3:08am
Subject:Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()
View as plain text
On Mar 30, 2011, at 2:49 PM, KiberGus wrote:

> I tend to interpret it as a requirement that application MUST start
> it's work with library with call to  mysql_init(),
> mysql_library_init(), mysql_server_init(), mysql_connect() or
> my_init(). And then it is documented feature of mysql library and bug
> is in mysql++ rather than in mysql_thread_init.

There are two ways to fix it:

1. Make the MySQL++ docs reflect the underlying C API requirement

2. Somehow protect all calls to MySQL++ so that it inits the underlying C API library no
matter which code path you use, thereby wrapping up all this complexity inside MySQL++.

It sounds like you want #2.  That sounds like a fine idea, but personally, I don't use
threads with MySQL++ -- as if you you'd never guess from the second paragraph of the
userman chapter you link to -- so I have little incentive to fix it.  It's your itch.
Scratch it.

If you leave it to me, I'll likely either continue to ignore the issue or do #1.
Thread
thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Jonathan Wakely30 Mar
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
      • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young31 Mar
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Raymond Boettcher5 Apr