List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:March 30 2011 1:27pm
Subject:Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()
View as plain text
On 30 March 2011 14:03, KiberGus wrote:
> Today I've stucked in quite a veird bug. My application was written according to
> http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/html/userman/threads.html
> And
> mysqlpp::Connection::thread_start();
> was called before grabbing connection from connection pool.
> thread_start was called before mysql_init on a first call. As a result
> pthread_getspecific() was called with an unallocated pthread key as an
> argument. This bug is especially hard to find because thread key has 0
> value by default and would recieve 0 value on first call to
> pthread_key_create. So you would never notice this if you don't use
> thread specific pointers anywhere else beside mysql.
> But i have used libmysql which uses it too.

Isn't this a bug in mysql_thread_init, as calling that is all that
Connection::thread_start does?
Thread
thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Jonathan Wakely30 Mar
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus30 Mar
      • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young31 Mar
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()KiberGus4 Apr
  • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
    • Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Warren Young4 Apr
Re: thread_start() should ALWAYS be called after mysql_init()Raymond Boettcher5 Apr