List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ruben Safir Date:March 16 2011 6:28am
Subject:Re: List subject prefix
View as plain text

> I'm not running procmail, and I'm not looking to filter anything.
>
> It's been convention for decades for emails coming through mailing
> lists to have "[ListName]" prepended to the subject line, and I'd
> like to see that in my inbox.
>
> Is there a reason that this list breaks convention?

Yeah - because people aren't robots, and BTW none of the other MYSQL
lists do it either, nor does my pearl list, actually.  I'm thinking of
top posting this just to demonstrate how anoying, presumptious and rude
your last line was.  try asking nice next time and send it privately to
the administrator.

Ruben

> Tom

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches
mythological proportions in the mind of the world  - RI Safir 1998

"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our own cultural
heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."

You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at
the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt.  I guess you missed that one."

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium
Thread