List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:January 5 2011 5:25pm
Subject:Re: Reg. Build 64-bit version for mysql++
View as plain text
On 5 January 2011 17:18, rajagopal c wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan..

Please reply to the mailing list not just me, I don't know anything
about Windows so you're more likely to get a helpful answer if you CC
the mailing list.

My public reply was not an offer of private support, although if you'd
like to pay for my time I might reconsider ;-)

> I am actually looking for building mysql++ in 64-bit windows 2008 R2 server.
> Could i open VC2008 project from mysql++-3.0.9 in dev studios 2005 and
> follow the instructions or would it require visual studio 2008 to build
> mysql++ for 64-bit version ?

I don't know, but the docs seem pretty clear:

    IMPORTANT: The following works correctly only in Visual C++ 2008 and
    older.

Please read the docs, you'll save yourself time in the long run.

> Raj
>
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Jonathan Wakely <mysql@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> On 5 January 2011 16:51, rajagopal c wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I would like to build 64-bit version for mysql++ for target machine x64.
>> > Is
>> > there any project for mysql++ for target machine x64 or could let me
>> > know
>> > the steps to port mysql++ for 64-bit version.
>> > mysql++ version used - 3.0.9
>>
>> Since you refer to x64 I'm guessing you are working on Windows?  Or
>> maybe Solaris?
>>
>> For Windows see the notes about 64-bit builds at
>> http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/mysqlpp/trunk/README-Visual-C++.txt
>

> --
> Regards,
> Raj

Thread
Reg. Build 64-bit version for mysql++rajagopal c5 Jan
  • Re: Reg. Build 64-bit version for mysql++Jonathan Wakely5 Jan
Re: Reg. Build 64-bit version for mysql++Jonathan Wakely5 Jan