List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Doug Morrow Date:January 4 2011 3:26am
Subject:Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored Procedures
View as plain text
Great!  Thanks for that, and thanks for bearing with me on this one guys.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Chris Morgan
<christopher.j.morgan@stripped> wrote:

>> Just for completeness I am posting the script to create the stored
>> procedure, I'd like to know what about the statement requires
>> multistatements to be set to true.
>>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/c-api-multiple-queries.html
>
>> Multiple-result processing also is required if you execute CALL statements
>> for stored procedures. Results from a stored procedure have these
>> characteristics:
>>
>> Statements within the procedure may produce result sets (for example, if
>> it executes SELECT statements). These result sets are returned in the order
>> that they are produced as the procedure executes.
>>
>> In general, the caller cannot know how many result sets a procedure will
>> return. Procedure execution may depend on loops or conditional statements
>> that cause the execution path to differ from one call to the next.
>> Therefore, you must be prepared to retrieve multiple results.
>>
>> The final result from the procedure is a status result that includes no
>> result set. The status indicates whether the procedure succeeded or an error
>> occurred.
Thread
Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow3 Jan
  • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresWarren Young3 Jan
    • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresTomalak Geret'kal3 Jan
    • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow4 Jan
      • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresWarren Young4 Jan
      • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow4 Jan
        • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresChris Morgan4 Jan
          • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow4 Jan