List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Morgan Date:January 4 2011 3:24am
Subject:Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored Procedures
View as plain text
> Just for completeness I am posting the script to create the stored
> procedure, I'd like to know what about the statement requires
> multistatements to be set to true.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/c-api-multiple-queries.html

 Multiple-result processing also is required if you execute
CALL<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/call.html>statements for
stored procedures. Results from a stored procedure have these
> characteristics:
>
>    -
>
>    Statements within the procedure may produce result sets (for example,
>    if it executes
> SELECT<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/select.html>statements). These result
> sets are returned in the order that they are
>    produced as the procedure executes.
>
>    In general, the caller cannot know how many result sets a procedure
>    will return. Procedure execution may depend on loops or conditional
>    statements that cause the execution path to differ from one call to the
>    next. Therefore, you must be prepared to retrieve multiple results.
>    -
>
>    The final result from the procedure is a status result that includes no
>    result set. The status indicates whether the procedure succeeded or an error
>    occurred.

Thread
Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow3 Jan
  • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresWarren Young3 Jan
    • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresTomalak Geret'kal3 Jan
    • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow4 Jan
      • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresWarren Young4 Jan
      • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow4 Jan
        • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresChris Morgan4 Jan
          • Re: Problem with Connection Pointers and Stored ProceduresDoug Morrow4 Jan