List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomalak Geret'kal Date:January 4 2011 12:24am
Subject:Re: Initialization of a Query object.
View as plain text
On 03/01/2011 22:40, Warren Young wrote:
> On 1/3/2011 2:36 PM, Eric Sepich wrote:
>> No one ever said courtesy was a guarantee in life.
>
> Courtesy is a two-sided arrangement. Posting questions that
> show a lack of C++ knowledge to a mailing list of this sort
> is rude; it implies that you think we should teach you C++,
> one question at a time. We are here to answer MySQL++
> questions, not C++ questions.
>
> This is not specific to MySQL++. Pull the same thing on
> another C++ library mailing list and you're likely to get
> some push-back there, too.

Nobody's forcing you to reply, Warren. If you don't have
enough information to answer a question, then either ask for
what you need or just don't answer that question. Being rude
does not help anybody.

I learnt this on IRC, where in freenode##c++ we enjoy a
productive and helpful atmosphere.

Cheers
Tom
Thread
Initialization of a Query object.Eric Sepich3 Jan
  • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Jonathan Wakely3 Jan
    • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Tomalak Geret'kal3 Jan
      • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Jonathan Wakely3 Jan
      • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Warren Young3 Jan
        • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Eric Sepich3 Jan
          • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Warren Young3 Jan
            • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Tomalak Geret'kal4 Jan
              • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Jonathan Wakely4 Jan
            • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Eric Sepich4 Jan
          • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Tomalak Geret'kal4 Jan
  • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Adrian Cornish3 Jan