List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:January 3 2011 9:03pm
Subject:Re: Initialization of a Query object.
View as plain text
On 3 January 2011 20:54, Tomalak Geret'kal wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 20:46, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>
>> On 3 January 2011 18:40, Eric Sepich wrote:
>>>
>>> In the code below is the '= conn.query();' essential? From reading the
>>> manual I know that a query can be placed inside quotes in conn.query()
>>> and a
>>> Query object is returned.
>>>
>>> Query queryb = conn.query();
>>> queryb<<  "SELECT * FROM sports_program where tf_database_key like
> 'SP%'
>>> and
>>> tf_game_date='"<<todaysdate<<"'";
>>> StoreQueryResult qsports_program=queryb.store();
>>
>> In the time it took you to write that email you could have tried it
>> for yourself.
>>
>> If it doesn't compile without it, it's probably essential.
>>

> That's hardly enough to determine whether something is correct, essential,
> valid or idiomatic.

Seriously?  If the code doesn't compile when you remove it, maybe
including it is just idiomatic?

Clearly if the code does compile, then maybe it's not essential, but
if it doesn't even compile I'd say it's pretty essential.

> In the time it took you to write your response you could likely have
> answered the question. :)

But I chose not to.
Thread
Initialization of a Query object.Eric Sepich3 Jan
  • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Jonathan Wakely3 Jan
    • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Tomalak Geret'kal3 Jan
      • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Jonathan Wakely3 Jan
      • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Warren Young3 Jan
        • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Eric Sepich3 Jan
          • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Warren Young3 Jan
            • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Tomalak Geret'kal4 Jan
              • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Jonathan Wakely4 Jan
            • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Eric Sepich4 Jan
          • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Tomalak Geret'kal4 Jan
  • Re: Initialization of a Query object.Adrian Cornish3 Jan