List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Lachecki Date:September 28 2010 5:26pm
View as plain text

I'm reading section 3.15 in the tutorial and I'm a little

The prose suggests that "ConnectTimeoutOption" is an option
to control the idle time-out of the connection to the mysql
server. However the name implies that it is an option to
control the timeout of a call to connect().

If it is not the latter, how can I achieve that? I don't
mind about idle timeout because my process is persistent and
will ask mysql++ to simply reconnect to the mysql server
whenever needed; however, I don't want a failing connect()
attempt to block my process for any more than a few seconds
at the most.

ConnectTimeoutOptionTom Lachecki28 Sep
  • Re: ConnectTimeoutOptionWarren Young28 Sep
    • Re: ConnectTimeoutOptionTom Lachecki29 Sep