List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 8 2010 9:11pm
Subject:Re: mysqlpp::sql_set and mysql_sql_set_null compiler errors
View as plain text
On 9/8/2010 2:23 PM, Adrian Cornish wrote:

> I cannot compile even a simple example using sets?

It's not a very popular part of MySQL++, so you might be the first
person to either find this particular bug, or at least care enough about
it to report it.

> Can someone point
> me at the obvious errors I must doing.

You failed to patch MySQL++ to support this use case. :)

If you look down at the bottom of lib/myset.h, you'll see an absence of
a template specialization for mysqlpp::Set.  I think adding one will fix
your problem.  It looks easy to add, but I'd rather you did it, since as
far as I know, you're the only client for that code.

> I dont understand why its trying to apply conversion.

The conversion from const char* is because all data comes from the MySQL
server as C strings.

The attempt to convert from that to unsigned long is the actual error.
I'm pretty sure the compiler is trying that because it's the
fall-through case, allowing us to get away without providing explicit
conversion paths for all the many integral types, including things like
bool.
Thread
mysqlpp::sql_set and mysql_sql_set_null compiler errorsAdrian Cornish8 Sep
  • Re: mysqlpp::sql_set and mysql_sql_set_null compiler errorsWarren Young8 Sep
    • Re: mysqlpp::sql_set and mysql_sql_set_null compiler errorsWarren Young8 Sep
      • Re: mysqlpp::sql_set and mysql_sql_set_null compiler errorsAdrian Cornish9 Sep