List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 3 2010 7:06pm
Subject:Re: Linker error with trunk on windows
View as plain text
On 9/3/2010 12:40 PM, Matthew Bradbury wrote:
> What is the problem with 64-bit builds? They seem to work for me.

I don't remember.  It was back in May when I discovered the problem
using VS2010 beta 2.

In trying to diagnose it, I uninstalled the beta, installed the
just-released final version of VS2010 Express, and found that Express
leaves out the 64-bit compilers.  Since MS pulled the betas when the
final version came out, I got frozen out of chasing this further short
of buying a copy of VC++ Professional, a product for which I have no
professional need.

It's possible MS fixed the problem between beta 2 and final release.

Do you have a need for 64-bit client binaries?  If so, I'd appreciate
your testing this more thoroughly.  I won't ask you to do that if you'd
planned on sticking to 32-bit for now.  I want reports from people who
really need this to work, and so are properly motivated.
Thread
Linker error with trunk on windowsMatthew Bradbury3 Sep
  • Re: Linker error with trunk on windowsWarren Young3 Sep
    • Re: Linker error with trunk on windowsMatthew Bradbury3 Sep