List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Bradbury Date:September 2 2010 9:20pm
Subject:Linker error with trunk on windows
View as plain text
I have been trying to investigate if there would be any benefit to adding r
value references to some MySQL++ classes, but I keep running into linker
errors in my application. So I spent ages looking for the problem in my
application and found nothing. However compiling the other examples (without
any of my changes) also caused the following linker errors, even though
MySQL++ compiles without any error.

I’m compiling this using VS 2010 on Windows 7.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

1>------ Build started: Project: fieldinf, Configuration: Release
Win32 ------
1>fieldinf.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
std::basic_ostringstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::`vbase destructor'(void)"
(__imp_??_D?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAEXXZ)
referenced in function _main
1>fieldinf.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall
std::basic_ostringstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::str(void)const "
(__imp_?str@?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@XZ)

referenced in function _main
1>fieldinf.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
std::basic_ostringstream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::basic_ostringstream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(int)"
(__imp_??0?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@H@Z)
referenced in function _main

(I also get the same error messages for a few other examples that also make
use of streams.)

Thread
Linker error with trunk on windowsMatthew Bradbury3 Sep
  • Re: Linker error with trunk on windowsWarren Young3 Sep
    • Re: Linker error with trunk on windowsMatthew Bradbury3 Sep